Tip: See my list of the Most Common Mistakes in English. It will teach you how to avoid mistakes with commas, prepositions, irregular verbs, and much more (PDF Version).
The following map shows interesting geographical trends in beer consumption in Europe. I used several sources, as I wasn’t able to find a single source which would contain data for all European countries.
Note: Different sources (see below) usually give slightly different values, so the figures must be taken with a grain of salt. Most of the figures are from the year 2012, but some are also from 2011, and, in the case of Serbia, 2007, so Kosovo is not yet shown as a separate country.
- Kirin Beer University Report: Global Beer Consumption by Country in 2012 (link)
- Beer statistics 2012 edition (link)
- Beer Drinking Nations: The Determinants of Global Beer Consumption (Colen, Swinnen) (link)
- The review of beer market in Belarus (link)
- AB InBev Internal Report (Serbia) (link)
By the way, I have written several educational ebooks. If you get a copy, you can learn new things and support this website at the same time—why don’t you check them out?